I recalled that on Thursday in the midst of an emotionally dry day. My beloved son was completely out of sorts. When he was awake he was usually crying and wiggly. So I would hold him until he was calmed and sleeping. But woe to the Mama that tried to put him down!!
In a quieter moment in the afternoon as I held him, I looked at his face and could not resist smiling at his precious face. My simple sign of affection was returned in his first little smile for me. Oh, there is nothing more beautiful, more special than seeing that for the first time!
Amazing how God shows his graciousness in the simplicity of such a moment. Even in the most tiresome of days when it seems that all is just drained from me, He still provides such a loving reminder that my work as a mother is not in vain. Even if I think I may wander in barren desert, I am not alone. He provides the rain. He provides the sun. I need to be patient and trust him. He makes all things new. Winter does not last forever, Spring will come! I look forward to seeing these children grow and BLOSSOM! :-)
(Now I need to try to capture that smile with my camera!)
(Now I need to try to capture that smile with my camera!)
fancy nancy pants! welcome to blogging...! i'll link you if you link me! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Nancy
ReplyDeleteOh how I would love to come over and play with Madelynn or rock Josiah for awhile! You are so often in our thoughts. We wonder how Josiah is growing and what funny things Madelynn must be saying now....Love you guys alot and hope that you have many more precious moments to share on your blog.