I have enjoyed making my own greeting cards for a number of years now. Since becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator I have been able to share that love with others. As a part of meeting of local demonstrators I was given the assignment to design a card using either retiring stamps or those from the current mini-catalog. Now I have not had much opportunity to pull out my card-making supplies in a while (something to do with a newborn!!) so I was excited to have an excuse to do so. My dear husband was kind enough to watch over the kiddos so I could focus on my project. I pulled out some ink and paper and my new Fabulous Florets stamps but was sad to find I did not know where I put my creativity!! So I began cutting and gluing and stamping and came up with a card that was okay, but not something I was completely satisfied with.
So I pulled out a few different colors and tweaked a couple things and got card #2. Better, but still not quite what I was looking for.
So I adjusted a few other details added a few embellishments and...VOILA!! Now that's what I was trying to accomplish!
And the most fulfilling part was my card was voted as the favorite amongst my fellow demonstrators at the meeting last Monday night!! :-)



Beautiful, Nancy! I love them all!
ReplyDeleteDawn
I love your cards! Jesse and his parents were very impressed by the father's day cards, but I made sure to attribute all the creativity to you. (Except of course, my bad puns on Jesse's card...I took complete credit for those!)
ReplyDelete